Tips for a vinyl floor on the porch
Decades ago, there was very little choice in terms of materials that could be used for terraces. One was allowed to decide between wood and stone. But the advances in design have brought us more great options and one of them is called Vinyl.
You do not know the advantages and disadvantages of this material?
Here are the typical properties of the vinyl floor for the terrace at a glance!
- It is a pretty tough material. Most species are also resistant to insects and mold. Furthermore, they are quite easy to maintain.
- Vinyl surfaces will show no splinters. It is an artificial material, which was created so that it does not need much care. You do not have to grind it extra, for example.
- Vinyl surfaces can mimic various other materials, including wood. There are many possibilities in this regard. You can take advantage of the benefits of vinyl while still enjoying the beauty of the wood grain.
Vinyl floor also possible in wood look
- Vinyl surfaces are available in many sizes, lengths and widths. These can be matched by a tongue and groove or board construction. From this you can project rails, bars and trims. Other details and accessories made of this material can be found on the market.
Easy to use
Lay vinyl floor
- Vinyl flooring is available in different colors. So you do not have to delete them retrospectively in order to acquire the desired nuance. You can already acquire a shade with the purchase, which fits the character of the house very well.
Vinyl floor with geometric pattern
Eyecatcher on the terrace
- Vinyl floor can also be polished. The boards could show a copious texture or soft surface. The first variant will protect you from slipping in wet weather or after washing.
- Vinyl flooring can fade. Unless you purchase a species that is naturally protective, the vinyl will lose some of its color intensity. Most surfaces can be easily cleaned by scrubbing.
There are special cleaning agents that easily remove any kind of dirt
- Higher cost. Although this material is more enduring, it can also cost several times as much. In most cases you also have warranty. This provides house owners with confidence that the initial investment will pay off.
- Vinyl terraces also increase costs. If a simple solution is enough, this is perfect. However, using different screws and closures can cost a lot more. Caps and trims also affect the final budget. Some models have closure systems that do not have holes on the surface.
- Vinyl floor follows certain installation rules. They often include special connections and directions. Saw and wood shavings must be removed. The reason is that they are not biodegradable
- For your safety, check for any restrictions in your community regarding the use of this material
Installation rules for vinyl floor laying