The glasses that really suit me
On the Internet you can now design yourself for a new pair of glasses on the PC at home. Then, the exact data on the lens thickness and the size of the glasses are measured by the optician, and an individual pair of glasses is produced that fits perfectly and looks great. It is then an absolute unique, guaranteed no one else has on the nose.
Sometimes it just has to be something special, and nothing off the shelf. Sometimes you have to tackle yourself. Sometimes you want to have something that not everyone else has. This can also be true for glasses, for example, for people who just do not want the same Ray Ban as the neighbor, or for people who know exactly how the new glasses should look like.
Create your own glasses
When it comes to glasses, not only does the style have to be liked, it's just as important that the frame fits the face. The upper edge of the glasses should harmonize with the eyebrows, height and width must be perfect, and of course the color must be type-fair. Even if only one of these points is not perfect, the glasses just do not look pretty.
So far, buying glasses has always been done in the same way. It goes to the optician of his confidence, and selects the best possible alternative from the assortment. You may actually be lucky and find the perfect glasses, but probably not. Then you have only two alternatives: Either you accept the compromise, and decide on the slightest evil that is there, even if, for example, the color does not fit ideally; or you can continue the search, maybe even with another optician. But that can be very time consuming and exhausting, and at some point it's no fun anymore.
Thanks to modern technologies, however, one can simply design glasses for yourself at unikat-brillenmanufaktur.de. You can upload your photo there and glasses will be projected onto this photo. Then you can choose from the templates a basic shape that you like. You can then adjust this shape perfectly in terms of width, height and overall size. Next, pick your favorite color out of the 22 available colors and then send in the draft with a mouse click. Then you will receive the contact details of a partner optician in your area.
The optician then measures your glass thickness, nose shape and size as well as the optimal size of the glasses, and perfects your design in detail. The spectacle frame will then be made especially for you in the Nuremberg manufactory. The result is a perfect pair of glasses in exactly the shape, color and size you want.
Exclusively for the readers of this website we are giving away two self-designed unique versions. If an editor is interested, he also receives a unique version for free. If desired, an employee can experience the process of eyewear design himself. We also like to invite interested people to our manufactory in Nuremberg to observe the formation of glasses.
Infobox: 6 tips for perfect eyewear:
- Sounds trivial, but please choose your glasses for your color and style. Let us advise you if you feel insecure.
- The stronger and more prominent the face, the more prominent the spectacle frame may be. For a petite face is more appropriate a more subtle version.
- For high strengths rather a narrow version should be chosen. The pupil should look in the best possible case in the middle of the glasses, because otherwise the glasses thick us hard.
- The eyeglasses should harmonize with the eyebrows and have a similar swing. Exception for sunglasses.
- If the face shape is roundish, a square eyeglass shape is recommended, with a square face a round eyeglasses. A round eyeglass shape would make a round face look even rounder. With a square shape you can counteract that.
- The frame ends with the face and agrees with the size ratios of the wearer.
- If the nose is rather elongated, the eyeglass bridge should be placed lower down; with a short nose up.